26 July, 2010

Scrapping Journey

August marks my 3rd anniversary into scrapbooking. I need to thank my friend, Angie for introducing me to this wonderful hobby when she started her online SB business 3 years ago.

Initially, the one thing that caught my attention was patterned paper. I went through a phrase of paper "chase". First big purchase was $350+ on DCWV's paper stack, bear in mind, that amount spent is for half stack, sharing with a newly acquaintance friend I know through Angie. Whenever I see people organising spree from YSS (Your Scrapbook stash), it's another $40 to $50 worth of paper into my collection.

6 months into this hobby, 1 other brand that I know very well was Making Memories. I bought the Deluxe tools kit, Instant setter, brads and eyelets. I'm used to online shopping plus my "ah soh" nature, I've checked the prices locally and realised I can get them at at least 30-40% cheaper than locally. I gathered a few friends to order from US. Great saving here.

My major investment is Quickutz supplies. Machines, dies and accessories easily costed me more than $5k!!! I bought 1-2 sets of alphas locally, the rest I bought from US because prices are 30% to 70% cheaper.

You name it, I'm 90% sure that I have that item you need!!! That is the amount of stash that I've accumulated over the years. A few of my friends ever commented that I owned a mini scrapbook store!!!

When I first started, I was thinking that it shouldn't be difficult to complete scrapping those photos taken few years ago. Wrong, totally wrong. Only recently that I've completed the 2006-2008 photos, another 2-3 LOs for 2009.

My TO-DO list is as follows: my wedding, 2008 holiday, 2009 holiday (WIP), CNY, 3rd birthday, 4th birthday, Squash Book, Ribbon box, Caddy box, Door Signage, Door knots, Display clock, Teacher Day 2010, X'mas 2010 gifts. It's a trunk load of projects!!!

I find that scrapbooking is very therapeutic and suitable for my fast-pace life style. I truly enjoy this hobby and it helps to unleash the creative blood in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment